What Is Agora?
We are excited about the future of data science and machine learning and the people who will push the boundaries of what is possible today to make the world better for all. That’s why we will provide Vienna’s data scientists and entrepreneurs with a place for discourse, learning, and creating.
Every cycle we will choose promising individuals who will join our 2-month program. During weekly meetups, they will work on their own creative project or team up with their peers. Participants are invited to hold talks to teach others about what they have learned along the way. The project ideas can take on many forms: Building a startup-prototype, creating a technical blog, contributing to open source projects, independent research, etc. After each cycle students will get the opportunity to present their results to experts working in the industry.
Our goal is to see participants from various backgrounds apply data science to problems in their own respective field and we hope that our initiative will seed more student-led initiatives that contribute to Vienna's data science environment. We will provide our students with working space, fast internet, talks, mentoring and networking opportunities. Furthermore, we want to build a strong alumni network to connect current participants to students from previous cycles and our other initiatives.
Benefits for Participants
- You will hone your technical, project management and problem solving skills by taking your own project from start to finish.
- You will be part of a creative community of like-minded people who support, motivate and learn from one other.
- You will improve your personal portfolio.
- You will have a playground to work on problems that matter to you, discuss your ideas and receive early feedback.
- You will gain experience in teaching complex concepts to others.
Who are we Looking For?
Technology-minded people who have grit, are driven by curiosity and like to build, learn and teach things. Visionaries, coders, researchers, teachers, artists and all in between.
What do we have to offer?
- Creative Working Space.
- Fast Internet.
- Networking Events and engaging talk formats.
- Alumni Network and study groups.
- Applications are currently open for our first cycle starting on September 5th 2018.
- Official Program Dates: September 5th - November 7th 2018.
- Final Project Presentations: November 14th 2018.
The first cycle of Agora will be hosted at the Entrepreneurship Center at the Vienna University of Economics and Business.